The X-Creator’s contest is back for a special, Halloween-themed edition.
Get your creative hats on everybody because today is the start of the new X5-Creator’s competition! You will have a few weeks to brainstorm ideas and submit your contest-worthy creation!
What’s new with this edition?
This is a special edition, so it comes with special rules:
- Number of items: you are allowed to use up to 15 separate decoration items
- Theme: all creations must be Halloween themed. Those that are not in some way related to Halloween(/scary/creepy creations) will not be considered.
The goal is simple and can be summed up in one sentence: Create your own Halloween/Creepy themed decoration using no more than 15 individual LOTRO decoration items!
Do you have what it takes to win the title of the “X5-Creator”?!
Now, and through October 31 (11:59 pm eastern time) :
Take part and send me your screenshots of the created decoration set (link to the participation form can be found at the bottom of this post).
I will publish the 15 most beautiful creations, chosen in good conscience.
From 11/5 through 11/14 (11:59pm eastern time)
You will have the chance to rate them and tell us your favourite(s).
November 15 (or later depending on my schedule)
The results of your votes, along with those of the jury gathered for the occasion, will be announced with the name of the person deserving the title of “X5-Creator.”
- 15 decoration items, and not one more! Beware, I’m watching you…
- Surfaces (walls, floors, and lights) and their different colors are not taken into account.
How to participate/rules concerning screenshots
The participation form (below) will allow you to send me 5 screenshots (4 is the minimum required) of your creation.
- Screenshot 1: A front view of your creation
- Screenshots 2 and 3: views from both sides
- Screenshot 4: A view from behind (or above, if impossible)
You are allowed to add a 5th screenshot for the pleasure of the eyes, for a better angle, or to put your character on stage in the middle of your masterpiece.
Note: you can send me up to 2 participations (if you have two creations to show). Only one will be selected and I thank you for kindly addressing me these 2 participations on the same form :).
- Your creation must be able to fit on one (and only 1!) screenshot.
- The place chosen for your creation must be previously emptied of any other decoration! I must insist…
- If it is not possible to follow the rules of the first 4 screenshots (no way to take a picture on the right, left, etc.), thank you for trying and send me 4 different angles instead. Tell yourself that I must be able to recreate your decoration just by seeing your screenshots.
- Please, submit screenshots in full-screen (“F12” key). Feel free to comment if you have any questions or concerns about this.
First place: 1500 LotRO Points + Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
2nd place: 1000 LotRO Points + Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
3rd place: 500 LotRO Points + Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
4th -> 10th places: Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
Rules on voting and composition of the jury will be unveiled on November 5, the day of my final selection.
Other ideas can be found here.
What should I create?
That is completely up to you as long as your creation fits the seasonal theme and the entire thing can be captured in a single screenshot!
The only other bounds are the limits of your own creativity. It is now up to you to see where your imagination takes you with this contest. Good luck and may the best creator win!
So let’s go, imagine, and create! If you have any questions, please use the comment form below!
D&Co du Milieu
Buy me a coffee
Explorer of unexplored places and collector of decorations, Yao offers you a whole range of items brought from the four corners of Middle Earth. If you like what I do, or I’ve helped you in some way please consider buying me a coffee.