D&Co du Milieu was updated to version 7 which brings the ability to create your own profile on the website and share your creations and addresses with other members of the community.
A few weeks ago, a new feature was introduced as part of V7 Beta on the website and people from our Discord server were able to create their own profile on the new member section.
This feature is now open to everyone!
Say goodbye to the old “Share your Home” form and page, and welcome to the new “Members” section!
The old “Share your Home” page was a bit time consuming to maintain, now, with the new member profiles, you’re doing all the work!
All links leading to the “Share your Home” page will now lead you to the “Members” section of the website where you’ll be able to create your own profile, but also take a look at other members’ profiles.
You’ll see all the new pages and links on the main menu.
- If you’re not logged in, the “Members” menu will have links allowing you to “Register”, “Login”, or see the “Members List”.
- If you’re already logged in, you’ll have a new “Members” section, allowing you to see your own page, edit it, and see others’ pages.
First steps: register and log in!
If you’re not already registered to the website, you’ll need to hit the “Register” page and create your account.
Once created, you’ll receive a first email (can be in spam folder…) telling you that your account is pending review.
I’ll manually approve it (I need to prevent spammers from registering) and then, you’ll be able to log in to the members section.
Create your own profile
Once logged in, go into the “Members” menu, and hit the “My page” button.
At that point, it’s going to be pretty empty. Just click on the setting button and select “Edit profile”.
Here’s what you’ll be able to add:
♦ Top Section:
- A profile picture: recommended size is 190*190px (2,9MB max)
- A banner picture: recommended size is 1200*450px (2,9MB max)
- A short description: tell us a bit about yourself.
♦ Follow me Section:
- Link to your website/blog (if you have one)
- Twitter account link
- Discord ID
♦ My LotRO section:
- Name of your main server
- “My Houses” section: here, you can add as many addresses as you want, describe them and even add a few pictures of these. Pictures needs to be uploaded to another website and linked here tho, and please, don’t add more than 10 pictures on your page.
- “Pic of the Day”: title says it all, show us what you’re up to on LotRO at the moment, or maybe something else as long as it’s not offensive to anyone.
Finally, you’ll be able to access the members list and discover other players profiles.
On this page, you can filter or sort out profiles by servers and then access people profiles to discover their houses/addresses.
A few rules
There are not many rules that applies there, but still a few:
An important reminder: This is not a democracy; I decide what is right and what is wrong. 😉
If you want to register and stay here:
- Don’t use more than 10 images in your profiles.
- Anything you put on your profile that is not related to LotRO may or may not be removed by me.
- Any offensive or controversial comment, text, image will be deleted.
Version 7 of the website is also coming with a few other updates but I didn’t activate those for now, so you’ll see a few changes in the coming weeks.
As always, you can follow the websites updates by clicking here.
That’s all! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Buy me a coffee
Explorer of unexplored places and collector of decorations, Yao offers you a whole range of items brought from the four corners of Middle Earth. If you like what I do, or I’ve helped you in some way please consider buying me a coffee.