One more year of D&Co du Milieu! It’s the decorator’s birthday…
Six years have passed since August 12, 2016, when I opened the doors of D&Co du Milieu.
Today (well, in fact, yesterday) we blow out a sixth candle for the website!
Before thinking about cracking open the champagne and thanking the guests, I suggest – as usual – that you take a little tour of the past year and tackle some statistics!
→ Reminder: our 6th anniversary contest is still running!
Last year, we had 5 contests on D&Co du Milieu, and we had the exact same number for the 2021/2022 season! 2 Housing Weeks, 2 X-Creator contests, and the Anniversary contest.
Next year, these 5 contests will be back more or less in the same order and at the same times, and I also hope to be able to add the ‘Demeure de l’Étrange’ contest to that list soon. So, let’s hope for 6 contests during the 2022/2023 season 😉.
The Decorator’s Event Schedule is always there to give you an idea of the competitions yet to take place before the year’s end.
This will be a year rich in events!
On August 2021, D&Co du Milieu was moved to new shiny servers.
Earlier this year, I tweaked the way category pages were displaying in order to allow more decoration items to be shown in a single page.
But the biggest change of the year was the one I did to the main menu. The new menu that came with V6.5 was one of the things I had worked on throughout the year and I’m quite happy with the results.
For the coming year, I’ll continue to improve the menu, the website, and the servers in order to be able to deliver the best quality website to all of you!
→ Discover here the latest updates to the website.
D&Co du Milieu would not be what it is now without its famous decoration database.
As of today, the site has logged exactly 2374 decoration items – every single item from LotRO is on D&Co du Milieu!
As usual, I will continue to update this database throughout the coming year, whether by updating old photos or adding new information (price, categories, etc.).
Work on the database is never finished!
⇒ Discover here the latest updates to the database.
Let’s move on to the numbers!
- 395 779 visits on D&Co this year (385 000 last year)
- 50 000 visits in February, best month of the season (thanks to Erebor housing 😉)
The most visited “News”:
- Erebor Housing Preview (3 800 visits)
- Introduction to LotRO Housing (3 618 visits)
- U32 Housing Preview (3 475 visits)
The most viewed decoration items:
- Firepit of the Dragon’s Hoard (1 088)
- Fireplace of the Dragon’s Hoard (855)
- Herbalist Table (829)
My main suppliers of visitors (French + English):
- lotro.com: 51% of my external visits come from the official web site.
- FibroJedi (blog): 25%, thanks to Fibro for sharing this blog!
- Thanks also to LesFuretsDuGondor, LotRO JoL, Lotro Wiki, etc.
- Twitter/ Facebook: 20%, many thanks to all of you, social media followers!
- 5 contests this year (2 X-Creator + 2 Housing Week Contests + 1 Anniversary Contest)
- 17 500 LotRO Points distributed (16 500 last year)
- 25 Best House trophies distributed this year (19 last year)!
- And a dozen of other items (titles, pets, mounts…)!
Finally, I wanted to thank all the people who continue to help this website thrive, including all the visitors, commenters, contest participants, and people who share the work done here. A huge thank you to you all!
Thanks to the entire team at SSG and especially Cordovan for its time and support, but also Scenario for all the stuff he’s doing for housing since a few years.
Thanks to my “Translation Team”, Rhuangar, Haflith, Laurel and Khelsi for their invaluable help in proofreading/translating complex posts for D&Co.
Finally, thanks to Edward, Kaels, Khelsi, Khaotil, Laurel and Prunaprismia for accompanying me in judging the various competitions!
Thank you everyone and Happy Birthday to D&Co du Milieu!
→ Reminder : Our 6th Anniversary Contest is till running !
D&Co du Milieu
Buy me a coffee
Explorer of unexplored places and collector of decorations, Yao offers you a whole range of items brought from the four corners of Middle Earth. If you like what I do, or I’ve helped you in some way please consider buying me a coffee.
Thanks to all of you for this wonderful site!