The X-Creator’s contest is back for a special edition.
Get your creative hats on everybody because today is the start of the new X7-Creator competition!
Over the last year, SSG introduced many new deco items in-game, and among those, Decorative Walls, Floors, and Stairs!
Let’s have some fun and see what you can create using decorative walls, floors, stairs and 15 deco items.
You will have a few weeks to brainstorm ideas and submit your contest-worthy creation!
Do you have what it takes to win the title of the “X7-Creator”?!
This is a special edition, so it comes with special rules:
- Number of items: you are allowed to use up to 15 separate decoration items, not counting Surfaces and not counting any Decorative Wall/Floor/Stairs!
- Theme: all creations must use at least 2+ decorative walls and/or decorative floors and/or decorative stairs.
The goal is simple and can be summed up in one sentence: Create your own decoration using no more than 15 individual LOTRO decoration items and at least 2 decoration structures (walls, floors, stairs)! The structures should be an important part of your creation.
Now, and through March 12th (11:59 pm eastern time) :
Take part and send me your screenshots of the created decoration set. Link to the participation form can be found at the bottom of this post.
I will publish the most beautiful creations (max 15), chosen in good conscience.
From 3/21 through 3/30 (11:59pm eastern time)
You will have the chance to rate them and tell us your favourite(s).
A few days after…
The results of your votes, along with those of the jury gathered for the occasion, will be announced with the name of the person who earns the title of “X7-Creator.”
How to participate/rules concerning screenshots
The participation form (below) will allow you to send me 5 screenshots (4 is the minimum required) of your creation.
- Screenshot 1: A front view of your creation
- Screenshots 2 and 3: views from both sides
- Screenshot 4: A view from behind (or above, if impossible)
You are allowed to add a 5th screenshot for the pleasure of the eyes, for a better angle, or to put your character on stage at the center of your masterpiece.
Note: you can send me up to 2 participations if you have two creations to show. Only one will be selected and I’d thank you for kindly submitting both participations on the same form :).
- Your creation must be able to fit on one (and only 1!) room. I understand that I cannot have my old rule “your creation must be able to fit on one screenshot” but please, I only want to see creations in small rooms or part of larger rooms here.
- The place chosen for your creation must be previously emptied of any other decoration! I must insist…
- If it is not possible to follow the rules of the first 4 screenshots (no way to take a picture on the right, left, etc.), I’d appreciate if you could try and send me 4 different angles instead. Tell yourself that I must be able to recreate your decoration just by seeing your screenshots.
- Please, submit screenshots in fullscreen and hiding the UI (“F12” key). Feel free to comment if you have any questions or concerns about this.
Rewards will be announced with the X-Creator Finalists Selection. But as always, I’ll have LotRO points and a few other things for you.
Rules on voting and composition of the jury will be unveiled on March 21, the day of my final selection.
Other ideas can be found here.
What should I create?
That is completely up to you as long as your creation is centered around the possibilities offered by the new decorative walls, floors and stairs. You can create platforms, bars, and many other things with them!
Beyond that, it’s just the limits of your own creativity. It is now up to you to see where your imagination takes you with this contest. Good luck and may the best creator win!
So, let’s go, imagine, and create! If you have any questions, please use the comment form below!
P.S: if you’re looking for inspiration, I strongly encourage you to take a look at what people have been able to create and share on our Discord server.
So let’s go, imagine, and create! If you have any questions, please use the comment form below!
D&Co du Milieu
Buy me a coffee
Explorer of unexplored places and collector of decorations, Yao offers you a whole range of items brought from the four corners of Middle Earth. If you like what I do, or I’ve helped you in some way please consider buying me a coffee.