The X-Creator’s contest is back. For fun, and LotRO Points !
The X²-Creator’s competition opens today and you’ll have 3 weeks to participate.
Reminder: The X-Creator, what is it ?
The X-Creator (and now « X² ») gives you only one mission (should you choose to accept it).
The goal is simple and holds in one sentence: Create and invent a decoration with only 10 decoration items, and not one more!
So, do you think you deserve the “X²-Creator” title?
Now, and through May 21st (11:59 pm eastern time) :
Take part and send me your screenshots of the created decoration set (participation form at the bottom).
May 26 (Sunday)
I will publish the 20 most beautiful creations, chosen in good conscience.
From 5/26 through 6/2 (11:59pm eastern time)
You will have the chance to rate them and tell us your favourite(s).
June 3 (or later depending on my schedule)
The results of your votes, along with those of the jury gathered for the occasion, will be announced with the name of the person deserving the title of “X²-Creator.”
- 10 decoration items, and not one more! Beware, I’m watching you…
- Surfaces (walls and floors) and their different colors are not taken into account.
How to participate/rules concerning screenshots
The participation form (below) will allow you to send me 5 screenshots (4 is the minimum required) of your creation.
- Screenshot 1: A front view of your creation
- Screenshots 2 and 3: views from both sides
- Screenshot 4: A view from behind (or above, if impossible)
You are allowed to add a 5th screenshot for the pleasure of the eyes, for a better angle, or to put your character on stage in the middle of your masterpiece.
Note: you can send me up to 2 participations (if you have two creations to show). Only one will be selected and I thank you for kindly addressing me these 2 participations on the same form :).
♦ Your creation must be able to fit on one (and only 1!) screenshot.
♦ The place chosen for your creation must be previously emptied of any other decoration! I must insist…
♦ If it is not possible to follow the rules of the first 4 screenshots (no way to take a picture on the right, left, etc.), thank you for trying and send me 4 different angles instead. Tell yourself that I must be able to recreate your decoration just by seeing your screenshots.
♦ Please, submit screenshots in full-screen (“F12” key). Feel free to comment if you have any questions or concerns about this.
First place: 1550 LotRO Points + Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
2nd & 3rd places: 500 LotRO Points + Best House in the Neighbourhood Trophy
4th & 5th places: 500 LotRO Points
Rules on voting and composition of the jury will be unveiled on May 26, the day of my final selection.
What should I create?
That is completely up to you! Just make sure your 10 decorations fit on one single screenshot.
It can be a dining area, a room, a living room, a kitchen, a collection, or a bathroom (what do I know!). Creativity has no limit and it is up to you to see what you can do with 10 decoration items correctly assembled.
Here are some ideas/tips:
- The luxe inhabitants of the Cape of Belfalas can use their indoor gardens and slide in some interior decos! (a Party Tree replica?)
- Inspire yourself with things that are already in-game: why not try to re-create a part of Meduseld’s great Golden Hall? Tapestries, banquet tables, and other available decoration items allow you to get close to this.
- Create your own decoration: if you do not want to create an entire room, why not try to reproduce the throne of Gondor or any other “great monument” of the game?
So let’s go, imagine, and create! If you have any questions, please use the comment form below!
My thanks to Haflith for helping me proofreading this article.
Participation Form – CLOSED ⇐
Selection will be announced this Sunday (5/26).
D&Co du Milieu