The « Demeure de l’Étrange » is now open!
Updated for Week 2
I have the pleasure to present to you today (finally !!) the 3rd edition of the « Demeure de l’Étrange » (House of Curiosities) contest!
« Demeure de l’Étrange » : what is it ?
In this contest you will run through a very unusual house which has been transformed into a gigantic playground. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to find the hidden treasure chests and « Roar ! » signs.
I must warn you, it will not be easy! It will be like running through a Super Mario Bros game where you use patience and precision to jump from platform to platform.
New in this edition:
The house used in this contest has been completely remodeled and there is even a second house !!
In the next two weeks, two houses will open successively and you will have to meet the many challenges they contain.
For the first week of this contest, today until September 9th, I challenge you to approach all the chests contained in the “Annexe de l’Étrange” (the first house). The number of chests to reach in this first house is 10.
After the completion of the first stage, «la Demeure de l’Étrange » will welcome you to the second part (and second week) of the contest where you will have to find chests and Signs (Roar !) in the second house.
The contest will be more complicated in the second week and new challenges will be launched.
Addresses (Sirannon Server):
- “Annexe de l’Étrange” (first week): 2, Cypress Road, Niniach (Belfalas)
- “Demeure de l’Étrange” (second week) : Tol Falthui, Niniach (Belfalas) (!New!)
- Week 1 (from 8/31 to 9/9):
Approach all the chests hidden in the “Annexe” house and take a screenshot.
- Week 2 (from 10/09 to 16/09):
Find all the chests in the « Annexe » house and all the elements (chests + signs) of the « Demeure de
Rules of Participation :
Please DO NOT :
- Participate in the second week of the contest if you have already won a prize in the first week. Rerolls are NOT accepted. (You can still participate for fun !)
- Send multiple entries in the same week. (For instance : do not send me 3 chests found on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 9 on Saturday, etc… Only one entry per person per week allowed [Monday to Sunday evening].
- Send an entry with several names on the screenshots (I don’t want to see a hobbit in the first screenshot and a dwarf in the second !!)
To participate in Week 2, you must also have completed the “Annexe de l’Étrange”.
If I have already recieved your full participation for the “Annexe” (week 1), you just need to send me your pictures of the “Demeure de l’Étrange” for the second week.
How to take a screenshot?
Simply press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard once in game. The photo will go directly to the My Documents -> The Lord Of The Rings Online folder. Then drag them into your participation form.
The ideal screenshot:
A photo of your character within one meter of the chest, with the bubble of your character on the screen and the mini-map which can be seen.
Some chests made it difficult to take pictures, so use the “*” key to switch to subjective view.
Needed on the screenshot: the chest/sign, morale bar of your character with the name on it, the mini-map .
The rejected Screenshots
« no minimap – no character name »
All screenshots must include the game information (character name and minimap).
To « reach a chest » means your character must be on the same platform as the chest (less than a meter away). Any further and the shot will be refused.
Remember, your character must be able to « open » the chest with his or her own hands….
A draw will be made at the end of each week (Monday, September 10 and Monday September 17) on the full entries.
– Week 1 : 2 x 500 LOTRO point + 1 surprise gift* !! -> See Results for Week 1
– Week 2 : 2 x 500 LOTRO points + 1 surprise gift* !!
Good luck everyone and have fun !
->!! Closed !!<-
Thanks Nisha 🙂
D&Co du Milieu
Buy me a coffee
Explorer of unexplored places and collector of decorations, Yao offers you a whole range of items brought from the four corners of Middle Earth. If you like what I do, or I’ve helped you in some way please consider buying me a coffee.