A year in one post…
Note : The translation of this post has not been verified yet, sorry for any possible mistake…
In a few days, D&Co du Milieu will celebrate its two years (August 4th, date of the creation of the site, August 12th, date of the official opening). Two beautiful years spent in your company and like every year, it is also the moment to see what we’ve done of the past year.
One more candle, and a lot of contest !
This year, I decided to reduce the number of Housing Weeks from a quarterly competition to a bi-annual competition. Considering the success of the last edition, I am satisfied with this choice and I will continue on this rhythm for the next season. Only the release of a new residential area in the year could make me change my mind and I could then organize a dedicated episode.
The decrease in the number of Housing Weeks also had another purpose, to give me more time to organize other contests. This year will have seen two new contest on D&Co.
You had discovered the “Demeure de l’Étrange” (The Strange Mansion) contest during the first web site anniversary event, then it had been renovated for a second episode during the year. A contest that had its success and I also had a lot of fun with it, so do not be surprised if the mansion comes back very soon.
Latest novelty, the contest of the X-Creator which was born in March and which was the first “international” competition launched on D&Co. I do not know if I would restart this contest this year but I will think about it, and as usual, do not forget that you have your say on it.
To finish with contests, one can also add to the list the Riddle Contest having taken place last August, as well as that of the 100,000 visits in February. A long list and next year will probably be on the same basis !
Many new this year on the site!
In early 2018, I reorganized D&Co to try to clarify things. Mostly on the french part of the web site. Last notable novelty, the rating system of the decorations.
Finally, D&Co du Milieu has been translated in English a few month ago, and I’m very proud of it ! There’s still a lot of work to do but I’m on it !
Another big piece of this web site, the database! Just under 300 additions this year, and as many corrections / changes. I thought I could finish adding every single decoration items before this second anniversary but between the translation of the 900 items in English and the various competitions, I confess that I was caught by the time.
That said, it’s only a matter of time. I have all the missing items ingame (+/- 30) and I set myself the goal of finishing all that by the end of September.
Traditional and almost mandatory, let’s move on to the numbers!
- 87551 visits on D&Co this year (x2 compared to the previous year)
including 21095 visits on the English version since April 2018!
- 13233 visits in June this year (Housing Week effect), a new record!
- 2461 visitors in less than a day on June 25th
- 4 minutes, is the average time you spend on D&Co each time you log in
The most visited “News” (French + English):
- D-Échos: Memories of the North U22 (2700 visits)
- Housing Week # 6: Opening (2500 visits)
- The Bazaar of Ideas (1900 visits)
The most viewed decoration items (French + English):
- Terebinth Tree (817 visits)
- Intact Model of Minas Tirith (706 views)
- Gondorian Scholar’s Study Set (689 views)
It is also interesting to see that the most visited categories are those that are least represented ingame (special furniture, ceiling and enormous yard …).
My main suppliers* of visitors (French + English):
* 45% of total visits
- Lotro.com: 42% of my external visits come from the official web site. Many thanks to OliveYew and Cordovan for their many regular mentions in the LOTRO Beacon.
- Twitter / Facebook: 22%, you’re a lot to follow D&Co on social networks and I thank you for it.
- FibroJedi (blog): 9%, thanks to Fibro for sharing this blog!
- LesFuretsDuGondor: 8%. Many thanks to you, Ed’.
- LotRO JeuxOnLine: 5%. Many thank you to you, Khalès.
- 7 contests this year (D&Co’s Riddles + 100,000, 1000, 500 Contest + X-Creator + 2 Housing Week Contests + 2 “Demeures de l’Étrange”)
- More than 150 participants
- 20,000 LOTRO points distributed
- 1 Mordor Xpac offered
- 5 Steeds of the White City found new owners
Finally, I wanted to thank all the people who continue to make this web site alive, be it the visitors, the commentators, the contest participants or the people who share the work done here.
Some special thanks are needed:
Thanks to Pruna for launching this adventure with me.
Thanks to Edward (the Ferret) and Kaels (JoL LotRO) for support, sharing and participation in various contests.
Thanks to Cordovan & OliveYew (official LotRO team) for sharing, rewards and their generous support for the database.
Thanks to FibroJedi, for sharing my work.
Thanks to Petit Troll and his “Palais de l’Imaginaire”.
Thanks to Nisha (Rhuangar) for helping me with the English version of the web site.
Thanks to Aleistor Cromley for helping me to translate certain elements.
Finally, many thanks to Petit Troll (20), Gamleth (3), Gorgulis (3), Larween (2), Mavelic (2), Samoured (2), Nisha (1), Khaotil (1) for their help on the filling of the database with 34 decoration items.
So this is a great way to conclude this second year.
To follow, you’ll discover soon the events I plan to organize for this second anniversary.
Thanks everyone !
D&Co du Milieu